Insurance and Fees
$125 for a 50-minute session
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance plan or a workplace employee assistance program (EAP). I accept many major insurance plans and am on a number of EAP panels, including:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Beacon Health Options (Value Options)
- United Healthcare
- LifeWorks US (Ceridian)
- Military One Source
- Personal Assistance Services (PAS)
- Advocate EAP/Adventist Healthcare
For other plans, I may be considered an out-of-network provider. Depending on your out-of-network benefits, your insurance company might reimburse you for 50 to 80 percent of the session cost. I will collect payment directly from you, and will provide a statement that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. For details about your out-of-network benefits, please call your health care plan prior to our first appointment. Important questions to ask include:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits for outpatient psychotherapy services?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider? (This is usually expressed as a percentage or a flat rate.)
- How many sessions does my plan cover per calendar year?
- Do I need a pre-authorization?
Payment is due at the time of service. Cash and checks are accepted.
Cancellation/No Show Policy
If you must cancel an appointment, please give me at least 24 hours notice. Your session time is reserved for you. Because of that, it is necessary to charge a $40 fee for missed appointments or appointments that are not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.